What is Hobby?
It is a type of activity that is performed in free time on a regular basis. Although there are many hobbies like stamp collecting, gardening, painting, drawing, hiking, fishing, weight lifting, story reading. But you choose a hobby according to your interest that could keep your mind calm and relax. Instead of negative thinking, you can engage yourself in some sort of hobby.
Advantages of hobby
- It is good for our physical and mental health.
- It keeps our mind calm and relaxed.
- Instead of involving in bad habits, you can involve yourself in some favorite activity.
- Hobby improve your creativity skills like drawing, painting.
- It reduce our stress and keep us calm.
- Hobby helps us to utilize our hidden talents.
- Some hobbies keep us active like gardening, walking, hiking, fishing, hunting etc.
- Improve yours relationship with others when you try to interact with people of similar interest.
- Help to explore new ideas. Hobby offer some sort of challenges through which you gain confidence when overcome.
- Hobbies boost our self confidence and self-esteem that leads us to develop good personality. It increase yours knowledge and skills in field of your hobby.
Types of Hobby
Although, there are many hobbies I want to discuss here some common hobbies in which most involved to use their spare time.
Gardening as a hobby is a healthy activity that may be performed by people of every age with full interest. We come close to nature. We can plant different fruits, vegetables, flowering, and non-flowering plants. Use safe gardening tools for plantations.
Gardening with children:
It is an exciting activity when you involved kids in gardening. They take it as fun and enjoy it a lot. Give some safe gardening tools and do plantation under your guidance. So it will be physical activity.
Yoga is a good hobby for physical and mental health. It reduces your stress and keeps your mental health and calm. No equipment and tool are required for yoga. It improves the strength of your muscles.
There are some precautions that you should keep in mind during yoga.
- Don’t eat heavy meals before yoga session. Because it can creates problem of indigestion when posing different movements during yoga session.
- Avoid too much water during yoga session, only take sip when you feel thirsty and drink water as per need after completion of yoga session.
- In group yoga session, you have to take space in such way that others people could easily do exercise without touching next person.
- Wear comfortable getup so that you can easily move your body parts.
- Consult your physician before starting yoga.
Photography is a good hobby that can be adopted by people of every age. Nowadays everyone has access to a camera. Everyone chooses photography according to his interest, some people take interest in Landscape photography, some love photography of children, nature, portraits, and wild photography.
To adopt photography as a hobby you don’t need to take print of your clicks instead of you have digital cameras available nowadays. So you can capture scenes whatever you like and transfer these pictures into the computer easily. In this way a stock of collection you have in your computer.
If you have a good camera then it does not mean that you are the best photographer. You need to know some tips like how to expose pictures, shutter speed and camera settings, zoom lens, brightness setting. You can capture some extraordinary and unique events when happened on the spot. Photography helps us to memorize all the events that happened in the past.
People have used Fishing as a hobby and profession for a long time ago. It is a good activity and has a financial benefit. This hobby is the best source of food, especially in the village. There are different techniques used for fishing like hand gathering, spearing, netting, angling, and trapping. More than 5 million people’s employment is linked with fishing directly or indirectly.
Tools used for fishing:
There are different tools available in the market for fishing like a fishing rod, fly rods, spin casting rods, fishing baits, floats, nets, sinkers weight, hooks, etc. without rod fishing gear is incomplete.
It is a good and healthy activity to keep fit. We come close to nature like streams, fresh air, mountains. Hiking relieves the stress of the whole week. We can arrange a trip at the weekend. Hiking in the form of a group is safe because people in grouped can overcome if any problem occurs during hiking. People used to perform difficult tasks of summiting different mountains. Different eye-catching scenes attract you too close to nature and you become glad. Sounds of freshwater flowing from the top of mountains into streams make sounds that are not less than any melody and keep your mind in peace. It is a source of full enjoyment.
Knitting is totally different from others hobbies. It can be adopted by people of any age. No expensive tool is required for it. The only knitting needle is required but you have to do learn it and need practice. Knitting is used to make such garments that can be stretched. You only need two things for this hobby that’s needle and yarn which are available at a very cheap rate in the market. In the beginning, you can start knitting with a scarf and make hands-on practice on it before making other stuff. Once you become an expert then you can knit purses, socks, hats which can be made by using a different color combination of yarn. Knitting is a creative activity because you can make new patterns of design daily.
As in this article, I have discussed different hobbies but you can choose any of them according to your interest. Some hobbies are expensive but some are very cheap, not expensive is needed for that. Every hobby has its own benefit but all these are good to keep you stress-free and divert your intention from worries. So everyone needs to adopt some hobby to keep healthy and wealthy.